Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Silver Lining

I want to apologize for my last post. It was a bit negative, so I thought I would balance that with something a little more cheerful. 

I still haven't been able yet to get ahold of Dr. Richarson's ASH paper about my MeziDaradex clinical trial. His abstract talked about the Overall Response Rate (ORR). ORR is defined as the proportion of patients who have a partial or complete response to therapy. His presentation with updated results showed that the ORR has been over 80% on this trial. There was also a teaser in one of his YouTube videos that one of the cohorts in the trial achieved an ORR of 89%. 

There are three cohorts in the MeziDaradex clinical trial, B1, B2, and B3. When Dr. Richardson offered me the opportunity to participate, he suggested I enroll in Cohort B3, which I did.

After the ASH convention last month, the maker of Mezigdomide, Bristol Myers Squibb, issued a press release on Dec. 11. Their press release spilled the beans! It revealed that results at ASH showed that Mezigdomide combined with  Daratumumab and dexamethasone in previously treated patients achieved a response regardless of dose and schedule, with ORR observed in 82.6% of patients in Cohort B1, 62.1% of patients in Cohort B2, and 88.9% of patients in Cohort B3.

Yahoo, that's me! Color me B3! In Dr. Richardson I trust!

Now I don't want to get ahead of myself here. The amp(1q) is still a big issue. After finding out about that, I got a bit down, but you all know me as an optimistic person. I like to look on the bright side of things. Finding this press conference today brightened my mood considerably. 

I'm not "out of the woods" yet, but I'm ready for the fight. Bring it on!

I don't want to be overly pedantic (or do I?), but the etymological origin of the idiom "'out of the woods" can be found. Abigail Adams used it in a November 1800 letter found in the Papers of Benjamin Franklin. Just sayin!  

No comments:

Post a Comment