Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Cycle 3 Day 1

I was at Dana Farber today for the beginning of my 3rd cycle on the MeziDaradex clinical trial. It was a long day. I got there at 1:00 and didn't get out until after 6:30! They were short-staffed and everything was backed up. I brought in a 24-hour urine sample, and the analysis of that along with my blood serum protein electrophoresis results will give another data point on my progress to date. I expect those results over the next 3-4 days. I hope the time I lost because of Covid doesn't mess things up. Fingers crossed!

A weird thing happened when I was getting my subcutaneous Dara injection. The insertion line filled with blood, meaning Emily had hit a vein. She said that happens very rarely, but she had to do it over. I suggested that she find a different spot in my stomach! The next one worked much better.

Everyone is still anxiously waiting to get a copy of the paper Dr. Richardson gave at the recent ASH conference on this clinical trial. I will share it with you if and when I can get access to it. Alice Tattersall told me that his presentation was very well received by the Myeloma community. 

I also found out from the nurses that at a recent meeting between Dr. Richardson's team and the trial sponsor, Bristol-Myers Squibb (developer of Mezigdomide), I was a topic of conversation because of the outstanding response I had to my first cycle of the clinical trial! Wow! Needless to say, that made me feel pretty good. 

I know I may sound like a broken record, but I have been so fortunate over the years with my MM between Dana Farber, Dr. Richardson, and the amazing clinical trials I have been lucky enough to get enrolled in. I'm just so grateful! 

From now on, I only go into Dana Farber every other week for the next four 28-day cycles. After that, it will be once a month. Yay! My next appointment is scheduled for February 5 to get me back on a Monday schedule cycle. I was supposed to get a Zometa infusion today, but I rescheduled that for February 5. It's not related to the clinical trial, so it's no big deal.

I'll update this blog after I get the results from today's blood and urine samples. In the meantime, stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment