Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quick Update

I apologize for the absence of recent blogs  I've been pretty busy, which is a good thing.  Several friends (Cindy, Anne, and Denise) have come to visit over the last few days.  Jason also came up from Connecticut again yesterday, and Jeff and Christine were here for dinner last night.  My good friend, Bob, arrived today from Seattle to visit for the next 3 days.  It's really good to see him.  As usual, I have a house project for him to work on while he is here, so it's like old times, only this time I have to watch rather than participate.

Yesterday we saw Dr. Richardson to followup on my stem cell transplant.  My blood numbers have all improved greatly since last week.  My white blood cell count, hematocrit, and platelets are all nearly back to their values before I went in for the transplant!  My platelets are actually back into the normal range, which is amazing, since they were so low I needed a platelet transfusion while in the hospital just 11 days earlier.  I am doing so well that Richardson told me I don't have to go back to see him for another three weeks!  This is the first break of that length I've had since my diagnosis back in July.  If I weren't so constrained for the next month or so, we would want to take advantage of that and go someplace really cool.  Oh well.

Except for being tired and usually needing a nap during the day, I'm feeling great!  I haven't needed my anti-nausea meds for the last week or so.  So far, this whole process has been much easier than Gretchen or I anticipated.  I just hope it continues.

I really appreciate all the wonderful support I have been getting from my family and friends.  This has boosted my spirits greatly and I think has played no small part in my quick recovery.  Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment