Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

ASCT Day +12 - There's No Place Like Home

Today was the big day!  My numbers came back astronomically high, with a WBC of 4.55 and an ANC of 3,777, which sure eclipses yesterday's results of 1.13 and 791!  After being briefed on the thousand and one things I'm not allowed to do, by 12:30 I was officially released from BWH.  Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty I'm free at last!

It was so nice to get back home.  I enjoyed the smell of springtime, the blooming of the forsythia, the buds on the trees, the grass struggling back to green, and especially, reuniting with our cat, Sophie.  I really missed her, and I've convinced myself that she missed me too.

Brian drove up from New Jersey this morning, and he will be staying until Tuesday.  It's great to see him again.  This should help give Gretchen a break from having to take care of me 24/7.

Speaking of that, Gretchen has been amazing through all of this.  I don't know where I'd be without her.  She has constantly been by my side throughout this whole Multiple Myeloma journey, giving me support and encouragement when I've needed it, admonishing me when necessary, and just being my friend.  She has dropped or rearranged all the things in her life so as to accommodate to my new reality.  It makes me realize more than ever how lucky I am to have her in my life.  Thank you, my love.

2 comments:

  1. There is no place like home.

    Keep getting strong.

    Mike from NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home! I looking forward to visiting with you here in Newburyport.

    ReplyDelete