Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2024

Cycle 7 Day 1

I had my monthly Dana Farber visit last Friday. My blood test results showed that I still have low white blood cell, neutrophil, and red blood cell counts. Here are the trends:

White Blood Cell Count


Neutrophil Count


Red Blood Cell Count

This probably explains why I have had trouble getting rid of my cold symptoms, including impaired sense of taste and smell. I find this very annoying. I hate not being able to wake up and smell the coffee! Literally. I hope this situation improves soon.

Along with my clinical trial medication, I also received my monthly immunoglobulin infusion to help increase my white blood cell count and a shot of Neupogen to help stimulate neutrophil production.

I now have all the test results from Cycle 6. My free light chain Kappa/Lambda ratio is still in the normal range, which is encouraging, although it is creeping up towards the upper limit of the range.

Kappa/Lambda Ratio

The 24-hour urine test showed "no monoclonal protein" and the Serum Protein Electrophoresis test also showed "No M-Spike detected". That's the best news yet!! That same test also identified that I have hypogammaglobulinemia, which I already know. That's why I need the immunoglobulin infusion every month. 

I had a wonderful time on my Rocky Mountaineer excursion and my visit with Brian and his family! Now I'm looking forward to our trip to Ireland in August.  



No comments:

Post a Comment