Search This Blog

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Another Delay

Yesterday afternoon, I went to Dana Farber for what was supposed to be the start of Cycle 6 of the clinical trial, but it was not to be. Unfortunately, after recovering from my pneumonia and a cold, I came down with another cold earlier this week. 

After my blood draw, I met with the nursing team, and they were concerned both about my lingering cold and my low neutrophil count. Neutrophils help the body fight infections, and mine have been consistently low recently. 

I had a shot of granulocyte colony-stimulating growth factor (G-CSF) a few weeks ago, but it didn't seem to solve the problem.  Here is a graph of my neutrophil count:



The bottom line is that I was given another shot of G-CSF and was sent home until next week. Hopefully, I will get an appointment to go in again next Friday and be able to resume my treatment then.

Since my blood draw was on Friday afternoon, I am still waiting to get results about my progress for this cycle. I should get most of the results sometime next week. I'll update this blog when I have more information to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment