Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Cycle 5 Day 1

I am now in California visiting my son, Brian, so this blog update is a little late. I was at Dana Farber on Friday for my monthly testing, but there were a couple of booboos.

The first booboo was that I forgot to collect the 24-hour urine sample that I was supposed to bring to the appointment. That's unfortunate because it is an important indicator of whether my M-spike is under control. Now I'll have to wait until the next cycle to get that result. 

The second booboo is that I left my computer behind when I left Dana Farber. Duh! Fortunately, I arranged to pick it up on Saturday morning on my way to the airport for my flight to San Francisco. I was going to update this blog on my flight here, but the wi-fi on the United flight wasn't working, so here it is, Sunday morning, and I am just now getting to it. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The appointment went well. Most of my blood test numbers looked good. I only have one Myeloma result to share so far, which is the free light chain test. Fortunately, my Kappa light chain is still well within the normal range, which is good news! The next important result that I'm waiting for is the blood serum electrophoresis, which won't be available until later this week. I'll share that result when it comes in.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy St. Patrick's Day with my family!

3 comments: