Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas

It's Christmas day.  I don't have any medical insights to add to my blog tonight.  I just want to share with you all how wonderful it is to have my family around me now and for the next few days.  And I want to thank you all for your caring and concern for me.  You have boosted my spirits during this time of trial.

A life-threatening disease helps one to focus on the  important things in life.  Of those, family and friends are at the top of the list.  As one gets older, there are fewer mountains left to climb and windmills left to tilt at.  One is left with the hopefully golden memories of the days of yore, as most of mine are, and with the connections and loved ones of the present.  That means you. 

I am feeling healthy, happy, hopeful, content, optimistic, and only slightly anxious for the future, whatever that may bring.  Thank you for being there for me.  It means the world to me.  Have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment