Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Second Dosing Visit

Yesterday, we awoke at oh-dark-thirty to make our 7:00 am appointment at Dana Farber. They started with more blood tests, one of which was a 168 hour test to check for residual levels of last week's first drug dose. Then I got my second dose of the cocktail: MLN9078, lenalidomide, and dexamethasone. It didn't take too long--we were out of there by 9:30.

When we got home, I took a short nap, but after that, the steroid kicked in. I didn't have the irresistible urge to rush outside to install a new roof and replant my entire lawn at the same time, as one of the nurses had suggested, but I did get very hungry and ate like a pig. I also couldn't go to sleep last night. I laid awake in bed until about 6:00 this morning. I'm still on a roid high. If this post ends suddenly in mid sentence, it's probably because I suddenly crashed and my head pressed the "Post" button as it hit the keyboard. I doubt that this will hap

1 comment:

  1. glad to see that it hasn't had an effect on your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete